Volunteer Coordinator Position
Are you an outgoing, self-motivated multi-tasker who loves working with people?
Do you thrive in a casual, yet professional, fast-paced non-profit environment?
Do you have strong attention to detail and communication skills?
Are you experienced in coordinating volunteers?
If you answered “yes!” … We would love to meet you!
NAPA VALLEY VINE TRAIL
The Napa Valley Vine Trail Coalition is a non-profit organization that is building a 47-mile walking & biking trail system to physically, artistically, and culturally connect the entire Napa Valley – from Vallejo to Calistoga. It is governed by a Board of representing 32 stakeholder organizations and is overseen by an Executive Committee. The Napa Valley Vine Trail Coalition has six committees.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic Volunteer Coordinator. The position offers involvement with our public outreach activities, marketing and fundraising, and provides the opportunity for using a wide variety of skills. This is a part-time position, working 20 hours per week, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
- Recruit and retain volunteers for Vine Trail programs and events
- Assist with the successful implementation of marketing and membership campaigns
- Interact with staff and volunteers in a dynamic environment
- Be flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Follow through on tasks in a timely manner
- Love communicating with people in person, on the phone, and via email, the web and social media
- This position will be responsible for the coordination of volunteers:
- Special Events: Fundraising and celebration events, tabling at events where the Vine Trail is a participant, one day events such as Bike to Work Day, Earth Day
- Programs: Working to establish robust programs with a volunteer core who can regularly staff the Vine Trail programs in Education, Trail stewardship and Health
- Minimum two (2) years of volunteer and/or event management experience or comparable work
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize (e.g. develop recruitment procedures and policies such as a volunteer handbook)
- Organized, and detail oriented
- Professional, positive, friendly demeanor
- Able to work independently and as a proactive team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Availability for evening volunteer calls and occasional evening and weekend activities
- Ability to maintain regular scheduled work days in the NVVTC office
- Valid California Driving License
- Physically able to perform duties and functions required of job such as lifting, using tools and equipment
Volunteer Management, Recruitment and Coordination
- Recruit and secure volunteers for special events and programs
- Conduct volunteer interviews with intake form to utilize volunteers appropriately
- Create and/or revise relevant volunteer shifts per activity
- Maintain member volunteer preferences in database
- Create, maintain, and provide volunteer orientation
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation (thank-you letters, emails, cards, gifts, etc.)
- Develop and grow core volunteer group for programs
Community Awareness /Fundraising Assistance
- Assist NVVTC staff with event sponsor solicitations
- Assist with implementation of fundraising campaigns
Activity and Event Coordination
- Assist with implementation of events
- Coordinate materials, equipment, tabling boxes for events
- Assist in the distribution/contact with membership for event promotions
- Staff the NVVTC Programs Committee to develop programs in education, health awareness and Trail stewardship
- Develop strategies with the Executive Director to implement a robust program using volunteers
- Coordinate with public agencies (Cities, town and special districts) where NVVTC Volunteers will be utilized including but not limited to assisting with signing up NVVTC Volunteers as Agency volunteers for events and programs
This job operates in a professional and administrative office of a small, fast-paced non-profit organization that encourages creativity. The Vine Trail’s unique culture also means its employees must be flexible and adaptable. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Must be able to spend periods of time in front of a computer terminal, lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The job also includes working at public events. This involves walking, bike riding, standing for long periods, and ability to lift tables, exhibit tent, table displays and merchandise (up to 40lbs). Candidate must be able to ride a bicycle as some of the work involves riding paved bike paths.
This is an hourly position, 20 hour per week, $20 per hour. A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan is available.
Please reply to this posting to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
3299 Claremont Way, Suite #4
Napa CA 94558
Include a cover letter, resume, and salary history
DEADLINE: Please submit by 5:00 PM Friday April 28, 2017