Your $$ at work
WHAT WE HAVE - 2015
- Full countywide cooperation and support
- 30+ member board of public and private organizations
- Mapped out a 47-mile continuous route, from Vallejo's Ferry to Calistoga, divided into 10 sections corresponding to the local city or winegrowing AVA
- 20% of 47-mile route already built and in use (though not continuous)
- 20% “Shovel-Ready” for 2015 progress
- 75% of route easements secured, and in discussions with remaining 25%
- 70% of $12.5M private funding goal pledged
- $6.5M+ in public grants awarded
- First Local Section $1 million partnership: "Founders Circle Oak Knoll District"
- Premier Partner "Visit Napa Valley" $2.5M pledge from the hospitality industry
- Premier Partner "Napa Valley Vintners" $2.5 million pledge of matching funds
- Break ground (May 2015), build and open the Founders Circle Oak Knoll District section by harvest 2015
- Build the Tulocay Bridge and connecting trail to 3rd St in downtown Napa
- Complete the continuous 12.5 mile connection between Napa and Yountville in 2015
- Fund the "shovel-ready" 6-mile section of Calistoga
A MILLION A MILE
The cost of building a mile of the Napa Valley Vine Trail is an average of $1M for each of its 47 miles. The projected cost to complete the entire 47-mile route of the VINE TRAIL is between $46-$50 Million. We are raising 25% of that—$12.5 MILLION—through private donations and sponsor partnerships. We are also raising 7.5 MILLION additional for a maintenance endowment to assure the safety and beauty of the VINE TRAIL for generations.
While most of this funding will come from public sources—federal and state grants and from local county and city/town public works budgets—none of this will be possible without the PRIVATE CAPITAL we are asking you to pledge. Your DONATIONS ARE ESSENTIAL to jump-start the VINE TRAIL project. The Vine Trail is pleased to offer major donors to the capital campaign several recognition opportunities. These pledges, at donor’s choice, may be paid in single or annual sums for a period up to 10 years. While unrestricted funding gives us better flexibility, we are open to discussing possible restrictions or preferences any donor might desire.