Volunteer Coordinator Position
The Napa Valley Vine Trail Coalition (NVVTC) is a grass-roots nonprofit with a vision to build a walking/biking trail system to connect the entire Napa Valley--physically, artistically, and culturally. We are working to design, fund, construct, and maintain 47 safe and scenic miles of level, paved, family-friendly, pet-friendly, free-access Class I trail, stretching from Vallejo's Ferry to Calistoga.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of volunteers for programs and events. He or she may also be required to assist with the successful implementation of NVVTC’s many marketing and membership campaigns.
The Coordinator must have the ability to interact with staff at all levels and volunteers in a dynamic environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on tasks in a timely manner is critical. A love of communicating with people in person, on the phone, and via email, the web and social media is a must!
The position offers involvement with coordination of all of the non-profit’s public outreach activities, assisting with the NVVTC’s marketing and fundraising goals, and provides the opportunity for using a wide variety of skill sets. If you are an outgoing, motivated multi-tasker who loves working with people, this job will keep you fulfilled. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The position will be responsible for the coordination of volunteers for:
- Special Events: These include fundraising and celebration events, tabling at events where the Vine Trail is a participant, one day events such as Bike to Work Day, Earth Day.
- Programs: Working to establish robust programs with a volunteer core who can regularly staff the Vine Trail programs in Education, Trail stewardship and Health
Hourly position for 20 hours per week.
- Minimum two (2) years of volunteer and/or event management experience or comparable work
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize (e.g. develop recruitment procedures and policies such as a volunteer handbook)
- Organized, and detail oriented
- Professional, positive, friendly demeanor
- Able to work independently and as a proactive team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Availability for evening volunteer calls and occasional evening and weekend activities
- Ability to maintain regular scheduled work days in the NVVTC office
- Valid California Driving License
- Physically able to perform duties and functions required of job such as lifting, using tools and equipment
Volunteer Management, Recruitment and Coordination
- Recruit and secure volunteers for special events and programs
- Conduct volunteer interviews with intake form to utilize volunteers appropriately
- Create and/or revise relevant volunteer shifts per activity
- Maintain member volunteer preferences in database
- Create, maintain, and provide volunteer orientation
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation (thank you letters, emails, cards, gifts, etc.)
- Develop and grow core volunteer group for programs
Community Awareness /Fundraising Assistance
- Assist NVVTC staff with event sponsor solicitations
- Assist with implementation of fundraising campaigns
Activity and Event Coordination
- Assist with implementation of events
- Coordinate materials, equipment, tabling boxes for events
- Assist in the distribution/contact with membership for event promotions
- Staff the NVVTC Programs Committee to develop programs in education, health awareness and Trail stewardship.
- Develop strategies with the Executive Director to implement a robust program using volunteers.
- Coordinate with public agencies (Cities, town and special districts) where NVVTC Volunteers will be utilized including but not limited to assisting with signing up NVVTC Volunteers as Agency volunteers for events and programs.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com.